Bleed for Me by Michael Robotham


Bleed For Me by Michael Robotham is an outstanding mystery/thriller. One of the best I’ve read in years. 

I can’t remember the last time I’ve read a book that’s gotten this much right. The characters are heart-breakingly real. Major and minor characters alike have a depth and complexity to them that you don’t often find. Even the most evil characters have depth, and while not necessarily sympathetic, they have great complexity. It is in large part due to this complexity that the mystery remains tantalizingly out of reach for most of the book, and that much more satisfying when it is solved. There are seemingly disparate storylines that are convincingly brought together without feeling forced.

Psychologist Joe O’Loughlin is not a typical protagonist. His physical and emotional difficulties add a realism and poignancy to the story. Tension is masterfully created throughout the novel. 

It wasn’t long after I started reading this book that I had a feeling I was reading something special. I was. The story quickly gets its hooks into you and keeps them there. You’ll end up caring as much about the characters as you do solving the mystery. This was my first-time reading Michael Robotham. I’ve got some catching up to do. Expect to see this book on a lot of year-end award lists. Recommended for any lover of mysteries or thrillers, or anyone who appreciates good fiction. I was extremely fortunate to receive an early review copy of this book.


Comments

Popular Posts